Media Release: 170919-01
Contact: Patrick Lonergan, (406) 582-2395
Wet Weather Brings Fall Burning Opportunities
Bozeman, MT – With fall weather setting in many fire departments are opening up burning for those with burn permits. With increased precipitation the ability for individuals to conduct safe fall burning increases, but everyone is reminded to use safe controlled burn practices as large wildfires are still possible. Anyone wishing to conduct a controlled burn should visit burnpermits.mt.gov to see if your fire department is allowing burning and to activate your burn permit.
The following fire departments are allowing open burning as of Tuesday (9/19) at 11:00 am.
- Big Sky Fire Department
- Bozeman Fire Department
- Fort Ellis Fire Service Area
- Gallatin Gateway Fire Department
- Hebgen Basin Fire District
- Hyalite Fire Department
- Three Forks Fire Department
The following fire departments are currently closed to open burning.
- Amsterdam Fire Department
- Belgrade Fire Department
- Bridger Canyon Fire District
- Central Valley Fire District
- Clarkston Fire Service Area
- Gallatin River Ranch Fire District
- Manhattan Fire District
- Sedan Fire District
- Willow Creek Fire District
Remember to burn safely! Gallatin County is no stranger to fall wildfires.
Information on safely burning with a burn permit is available at: https://www.readygallatin.com/community-resources/burn-permits.