Flood Training for Media on March 3
Bozeman, MT – Local reporters are being invited to attend a special flood training day for reporters on March 3, 2015 at 10:00 am in the Bozeman City Commission Room. With spring approaching representatives from local agencies, the Weather Service, and the insurance industry have put together a 1 hour workshop exclusively for our local media to talk about flooding. We view our local media as an important part of communicating with the community during flooding events, an event that is often challenging to predict and explain to the community.
In an effort to provide a common base of understanding about flooding ahead of time for reporters we have developed this workshop. Our hope is that by reporters attending this they will already have a fundamental understanding before a flood event occurs about common questions such as:
- Why is this area flooding, it isn’t in a flood plain?
- Why isn’t Logan flooding, there is a flood advisory for the Logan gauge?
- What is the difference between an advisory, watch, and warning?
- Why isn’t this covered by homeowners insurance?
- Why are the water levels going up and down?
- Where can people get sandbags?
All of our local reporters are encouraged to participate with us in this interactive workshop so we can all be on the same page when something happens.
Media Flood Training Workshop
March 3, 2015
Bozeman City Hall Commission Room
121 North Rouse