Holiday Wishes from Gallatin County Area Law Enforcement
Added Patrols are Out to Deter Impaired Driving
The Fourth of July is one of the deadliest holidays of the year due to alcohol-impaired driving crashes. Law Enforcement in Gallatin County will be stepping up traffic patrols to help keep travelers safe. This holiday season the Montana Highway Patrol, Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office, Bozeman Police Department and the Belgrade Police Department will be working together to help insure the safety of travelers in Gallatin County.
This Fourth of July officers will be showing zero tolerance for impaired drivers and will be working together stop Drinking and Driving.
The Fourth of July is a time to celebrate and spend time with friends and family. These celebrations end in tragedies if people are not responsible. There is nothing to celebrate if you geta DUI, crash your vehicle, injure or kill someone.
Each agency will have extra officers on traffic patrols to detect impaired drivers. The additional patrols are funded by the Montana Department of Transportation Selective Traffic Enforcement Programs (STEP) grants.
We are also encouraging the proper use of seat belts and child restraints to prevent serious injury or death in the event of a crash. Please Buckle Up for safety.
We offer these reminders for safety:
- Designate a Driver. Before the fun begins, know who will be the sober driver.
- Buckle Up. Every trip, every time – even for short distances.
- Arrange for a Pick Up. The designated driver doesn’t have to be at the party, as long as he/she is willing to drop off and pick up party goers.
- Keep Ride Options on Speed Dial. Be it a taxi, friend, neighbor, or parent; have that go-to number programed in your phone.
- Use A Ride Home Program.
- Plan Your Own Ride Program. As a party host, have a plan with taxis or designated drivers to get your guests home safely.
- Plan to Spend the Night. Crashing on a couch is better than crashing a car. If you’re going to a house party, why not spend the night?
- Call a Taxi.
We wish everyone a safe and fun filled Fourth of July Holiday.
Captain Art Collins Sheriff Brian Gootkin Chief Ron Price Chief E. J. Clark Mt. Highway Patrol Gallatin County Bozeman PD Belgrade PD