In May 2019, members of local law enforcement, along with the US Marshals’ Montana Violent Offender Task Force, conducted Operation Spring Sweep.
This was a coordinated multi-agency operation to apprehend violent fugitives with the goal of reducing violent crime in Bozeman, Belgrade, and Livingston, as well as Gallatin and Park Counties.
Agencies that participated included:
- Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF)
- Belgrade Police Department
- Billings Police Department
- Bozeman Police Department
- Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office
- Livingston Police Department
- Missouri River Drug Task Force (MRDTF)
- Montana Department of Corrections (DOC)
- Park County Sheriff’s Office
- Stillwater County Sheriff’s Office
- United States Marshals Service (USMS)
- Yellowstone County Sheriff’s Office
During the operation, sixty-three (63) cases were worked with fifty-two (52) being resolved either by arrest or other dispositions. Thirty-one (31) physical arrests of subjects either wanted on outstanding warrants or on new charges were made.
This operation has directly contributed to improved public safety through the joint efforts of the above-listed agencies.
On May 31, 2019 at 11:00 am, a joint media conference will be held at the Gallatin County Detention Center Community Room where representatives from agencies including Bozeman Police, Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office and the US Marshals Service will be available to provide further information on the results and impact of this operation.