WHAT: News Conference
WHEN: Wednesday, April 29th at 1:30 pm
WHERE: Intersection of Mystic Heights Drive & Majestic Court
WHY: To encourage Gallatin County to participate in Montana Wildfire Awareness Month by learning how to prepare their homes and property for fire season; better understand the fire adapted environment that we live; learn ways to prevent human-caused fires; and practice using emergency routes and using personal communication plans.
WHO: Fire representatives from the following agencies and organizations in Gallatin County: US Forest Service, MT DNRC, local Fire Departments & Emergency Management.
AUDIENCE: Local media
- Statements by local fire officials
- Ready, Set, Go! Montana Program
- Opportunity for Interviews with local agencies
PURPOSE OF WILDFIRE AWARENESS MONTH:
- Raise awareness about the importance of preparing for wildfires
- Encourage the public to take action in preparing for and reducing their risk of staring a wildfire.
Gallatin County Emergency Management